The club has been active for over 50 years.
Cardiff, Swansea, Brecon and Abergavenny are all around a 30 minute drive away or less.
Access is now via a temporary roundabout off the A465 google maps may help.
- Nant Moel – fly fishing only (no spinning, or any bait fishing)
- River Cynon / Dare – Worm, spinning and fly are permitted.
- All Members Must Sign In and Out at all times and complete the catch return even if this is zero. This is a health and safety requirement. This is closely monitored.
- Strictly NO static fishing when using the sinking fly line method
- Only two rods to be made up on the water But only 1 to be used at any time.
- No float tubing allowed on any club waters
- Limit of FOUR fish to be despatched (killed) per week – Monday to Sunday
- Limit of TWO fish to be killed per day. Once your second fish has been despatched, fishing must cease IMMEDIATELY. I.e. no catch and release after this point.
- Limit of 10 fish to be caught by catch and release ( using barbless or debarbed hooks) per day, after this fishing must cease for the day.
- All fish must be landed with the aid of a knotless net, which must be carried at all times when fishing.
- Please take care to return all fish to the water gently and ASAP when landed Try and unhook in the net/water wherever possible with minimal contact.
- Any brown trout caught at Nant Moel must be released.
- No alcohol to be consumed on any association water.
- No rod sharing allowed.
- No spinning or illegal baits / substances to be used. No ground baiting.
- A member may take 1 guest per season free of charge to fish at Nant Moel subject to prior notice being given to a committee member. This is to encourage new members.
- Anyone fishing prior to stocking must move out of the designated stocking area which will remain ‘out of bounds’ for the rest of that day.
- ALL angers fish at their own risk.
- All children under the age of sixteen must be accompanied by an adult whilst fishing on any club waters.
- Both gates must be kept closed at all times and locked if you are the last person leaving.
- Any member caught dropping litter may be liable to punishment. Please take all litter and discarded line home with you.
- Boat may only be used by full members. (ie no day ticket holders)
- ALL members must carry their photo permit at all times when fishing and must produce it when asked by any bailiff, member, police officer etc.
- Membership is not transferrable. Membership fees are not refundable.
- ALL Members must carry a valid Rod licence or risk prosecution.
- Anything that arises not laid for in these rules shall be laid before the committee whose decision shall be final.